Class Exercise C - Pictogram
We had to develop a pictogram on the spot during lecture. So, I chose........... an OHP! Purely because it was within sight. Haha.
Analysis:
I would choose picture number 4 because I feel that it conveys the picture best with the simplest drawing done. But overall, I would give this piece of work a rather low assessment because I feel that not many people could recognize that it is an OHP straight at one glance. Hopefully I can do a better job for the Assignment 2! =))
Next, tutorial 2 signifies the end of Assignment 1 (for the time being)! Haha. My work was not fully completed cos there were lots of tools that I did not know how to use or did not know they even exist from Illustrator. Phew! Had a hard time doing my work with Illustrator since I'm considered a computer-noob. Haha. Anyway, here goes! My "completed" Assignment 1, for the time being.
Reflections:
After the critique session from my tutorial classmates, I feel that there is a BIG area for improvement. Here are some points I gathered and took away from class:
1. The sequence of my name. Currently, it reads "Lin", followed by "Chua" and then "Tze" (from top down). Tutorial peers suggested that the picture should be in the sequence of my name, Chua Tze Lin. So, I thought I could put "Lin" to be formed by the wire instead of the smoke so that my name "flows". Haha.
2. "Tze" is engraved on the red area, which was not very clear, or rather, not visible at all when I presented the work to the class. I would be darkening the lines to allow the words to be seen more clearly.
3. The table is too fake. I feel that I could improve on it by photoshopping in a real table to give my work a sense a reality. Haha.
4. Some of them suggested that I could include a bowl of rice on the table and even add people around the table, which I feel that it was a GREAT IDEA!! Shall try that! =)
5. Oh. And I did not know how to change the file to horizontal!! My friend taught me and I shall change it to horizontal one. Looks better I feel. =)
Yup! That's more or less about it. Next assignment is on Pictogram! Look forward! =)
Labels: Class Exercises

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home