ASSIGNMENT 1 - Myself

ASSIGNMENT 1 - Myself


We were given our first assignment, entitled - "Myself".

My names

Firstly, I listed three of my "names".
(Chua) Tze Lin is my actual name.
Mstze is what my JC friends gave me.
Zel is what my NM friends gave me last sem. Haha.

Information about me!

DO - These are things I like to do.
LOOK - These are what people say I look like. Many people (they don't know me well okay.... haha.) say I look like "Ah lian". -_-" And, I have eyes which are tilting up, hence, people say I have got fox's eyes. -_-"
FOOD - The food that I love!!
HATES - Things that I dislike.

With these, I chose some and came up with 4 ideas!


STEAMBOAT!

I LOVE STEAMBOAT TOTALLY! Hence, I feel that I MUST create something from the steamboat idea. Haha. This is what I came up with. Initially I only wanted to play with "Tze Lin", but I thought I could include my surname "Chua" too! So I tried and it sort of works I guess?

Description:
"Chua" is in the soup! The prawn as "C", seaweed as "H", crab's pincer as "U" and fishball with the chopstick as "A".
"Tze" is rather obvious, on the hotplate itself.
And, "Lin" as the smoke.

Analysis:
I feel that the letter "a" could be improved. "a" could only be read when joined the fishball and the chopstick. So, I was thinking that if possible, I could bold the fishball and the chopstick to bring out the letter more. Maybe?



CHOCOLATES!

I LOVE CHOCOLATES MADLY TOO! I created this using the name "Mstze". =)

 Description:
"Ms" is the shape of the chocolate box.
"Tze" is the plastic container in the box (which most chocolates packaging have).

Analysis:
I think that "Ms" is not obvious enough. Maybe I could modify the box further such that "M" and "S" are obvious enough yet, still looking like a box. Also, I could use colours to bring out "Tze" better.



FOX'S EYES!

This is developed using the my nickname "Zel".

Description:
"Z" comes from the left eye connecting with the nose.
"E" comes from the right eye.
"L" is the mouth.

Analysis:
I think it could be further improved by bolding the three letters and lightening the other parts of the face to bring out "Zel" better.



SINGING!

I love singing! Though my voice is not that good. Haha. I usually hold my microphone with the last finger "detached" from the others, just like how I drew it. However, I modified it a little because I place my last finger behind the microphone usually but if it's drawn this way, it could be rather hard to show the alphabet. Hence, I modified and placed the finger in front of the microphone. =)
This is from the name, "Tze Lin".

Description:
"T" is the big microphone body.
"Z" is the connection between the last finger and the line on the microphone.
"E" is in the opposite direction, formed by the 3 fingers.
"Lin" comes from the wire below the microphone.

Analysis:
I personally think that the letter "E" could be further improved to let it be in the correct direction. Shall think about it again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home